Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Trees, trees, and more trees...

My first year of teaching I made the mistake of creating a "Santa" themed project.  I had one kindergartener that shouted out "He aint weel!"  I was shocked and responded right back, "He is too weel."  After this project was over I promised myself, no matter how awesome the project, I will never do a "Santa" themed project again.  Instead I try to have each grade do some sort of a Christmas tree.    


4th graders completed this patterned tree.



 3rd graders completed this Christmas music project.



5th grade complete this Picasso inspired tree.


2 comments:

  1. I love the patterned trees. I,m going to try them and the mooses too. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there some place that I can get the step-by-steps for these?! I am a 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade ELA teacher, and an artist by no means! I would love to have my students create these to go along with their Christmas writing.

    ReplyDelete