Monday, February 9, 2015

We used over 500 CD's.

This was quite the process, but well worth it!  It was WAY more time consuming than the bottle cap mural!  This mural was made out of recycled CD's, acrylic paint, and construction adhesive.  First, students broke the CD's into pieces, and then we painted them with acrylic paint.  Finally, we placed them over a 8'x7', black primed, 1/2" sheet of birch wood.  We made sure there was a small space in-between each piece so it looked like a mosaic in the end.  After everything was laid out and looked good, we glued each individual piece down.  I know in this photo the words are hard to read, but it says, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment