This box sits outside of my classroom door. The kids drop off any caps as they collect them.
This is my back counter in my room. Boxes full of caps.
Students separate the bottle caps according to color.
This is the sketch that I came up with. I tried to draw it according to what colors we had the most of. I knew I had lots of white, blue, and green.
This wall above the exit doors is where the mural will be mounted. I love the idea of having it so high. This way no little wondering hands will be able to touch it! :)
Here's me in action drawing the mural.
When the drawing was finished I painted it with acrylic paint.
Here are my students in action. First we covered the entire mural just to make sure we had enough of each color. Good thing we did because we ran out of blue for the sky. When the entire piece was covered then we began to glue the caps down.
This is our finished product....and what a production it was! It will be displayed on the stage at our art show and then permanently displayed on the wall outside of my classroom. Congratulations to all of my students on doing such a wonderful job!!